Most content marketers know that posting regular, relevant content is key. It is important that your customers or clients get to know about you before they even need you, that’s where content marketing comes in. But have you really considered why people are reading your content? It’s not always as simple as just wanting your product or service.
Here are five steps to ensure that your content marketing ticks the right boxes:
1. Find out who your target audience is and speak to prospective customers. Ask them what sort of content they would find relevant and useful. As side benefits, this will show customers that you care about their needs and will also help to raise the profile of your brand.
2. Provide content that will help your readers convince their managers to prioritise your solution even if budgets are tight. The more information you can give and the more convincing you are, the more likely it is that senior staff will take your product or service seriously. Explain how it will make the running of their company simpler and less time-consuming, lead to increased sales, cut costs or reduce risks. Make it as convenient as possible for them to implement your solution or use your product with as little disruption as possible.
3. Be concise. If you haven’t hooked your reader within 90 words it’s unlikely that you ever will. Make your point convincingly, but don’t waffle.
4. Use case studies. Prospective buyers will be interested to hear about other comparable brands that are using your product or service, and about the positive difference it has made to their businesses. The key is to provide proof of the tangible value of your offering.
5. Point the way to more detailed information. While your content should give a good overview, buyers may wish to have more in-depth marketing information at their fingertips before they make a decision. Give examples of research and demonstrated metrics. Show how you have tested the assumptions you have made, how you meet the buying each of your target buyers’ criteria and how you do so more effectively than your competitors.
Providing the right kind of content can make all the difference. While it is important to post fresh content on a regular basis, quality is always better than quantity. Spend time crafting your content so that it gets your brand noticed and makes your product or service seem indispensable.
If you don’t have the capacity to do this in-house, our experienced team at WSI can create top-quality content on your behalf. Contact us today to find out more.