Does your digital advertising send your visitors to your home page as the starting point of their journey? If so, you could be wasting your digital advertising budget and ought to think again! A well architected landing page is much more likely to convert visitors into leads.
A dedicated landing page can be an extension of your campaign, ensuring that the focus of your visitor is kept clearly on the reason they clicked on your ad in the first place. There’s no reason for them to look around elsewhere trying to find more information and you achieve your ultimate goal – lead capture.
When building your landing page you need to have 3 things clear in your mind:
1. Your customer persona
You need to know who your customers are to create that ideal hook. Multiple personas may need split testing, multiple ads or even multiple landing pages
2. Your end goal
What do you want your customer to do that will achieve your goal? Will you be capturing data in exchange for a white paper, coupon or an eBook.
Your landing page needs to be designed to convert.
- Remove unnecessary content to keep the attention of your visitor on your offer. Take away other menus, or anything else which can distract from your main message.
- Your headline needs to be big, bold and clear. It should be a natural extension to the ad or email that brought them here.
- Images. Use a relevant image, or even better a short video to support your offer. Make the call to action clear.
- Short copy. Keep your copy short and to the point. Bullet points are an ideal way of achieving this.
- Lead capture. Your form needs to be near the top, short and simple. The more information you ask for, the less likely people will be to complete it.
- Testimonials. Whilst we said earlier to remove clutter like menus and other distractions, a well placed testimonial or piece of bite sized content can strengthen your credentials and help your conversion rate.
Once you have your landing pages up and running, the final thing is to measure the data. Use the information available to tweak and test to improve your conversion rate.
If you’re running digital advertising campaigns and would like help setting up landing pages that convert for you, get in touch.