Geotargeting is a great way to get the most out of your PPC budget. Many businesses have to make some consideration to location for the service or product they provide. If this is the case then advertising their product to everyone, everywhere is a waste of resources. So what is Geotargeting?
When you hear the words ‘sales tracking’, it is often associated with large chunks of data which aren’t interrelated with other business platforms. Consequently, tracking often isn’t thought of as even an option for SME’s.
Experts expect online sales to rise by 12% in 2013, but there are still 22% of people that state they would never buy online, even if they research on the Internet. If you are offering a multi-channel sales platform, you need to take every sale into account when measuring the effectiveness of your marketing mix.
To cut to the chase, if you provide customers with the option of buying over the phone, without sales tracking, you will not see where these sales are originating from.
Bridging this gap between website page visits and telephone conversations is Response Tap, which is essentially a tracking service.
Offsite optimization is all about acquiring quality inbound keyword links. It is best to get links from high ranking websites and web pages, but internal repeating links within your own website also count. Here’s how to improve off-page SEO:
- Submit articles to various article directories for syndication and curation, making sure your content contains many keyword links back to your other content pages.
- Go social! Create profiles on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social networks to get links from existing customers.
- Cross-reference related items between individual product pages (include accessories or similar products). This creates healthy internal links.
- Create and share video content to attract more visitors.
- Create a blog and be active in forum discussions in the area of your business.
- Issue press releases and PR briefs about product launches, events and promotional offers regularly.
Just starting out as an online retailer with a few products to sell? Selling thousands of products online for many years now? Either way, make sure your eCommerce site is optimized for the search engines so you are most visible to your potential customers.
WSI can help optimize your eCommerce site for higher page rankings, better conversions and increased sales. Contact WSI eMarketing to drive greater search engine traffic and more conversions (sales) on your eCommerce website.
Online sales need online visibility!
If your business relies on an eCommerce site, then you know it’s important to appear in the organic search results ahead of your competitors; especially if your competitors are selling the same products online. Having top rankings for an eCommerce website is crucial for long term success in the online marketing world.
Optimising an eCommerce site isn’t that different than optimising any other type of web site. To make a page rank well in the organic search results, it needs a good title tag (that includes the keywords you’re targeting); and good content on the page that includes the appropriate keywords. Here are some more tips for on-page optimisation:
- Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.
- To achieve good keyword focus, limit yourself to just one or two keywords per content page. You can even create a page for each product in your store so that you can take advantage of long-tail keyword phrases.
- One reason why product pages on eCommerce sites appear in the search engine indexes and then disappear is because they are duplicating content (which the search engines catch on). Keep content and tags unique.
- If you’re selling products that your competitors are also selling, then your product descriptions need to be unique and different from theirs. Don’t just copy the generic product descriptions of items that are provided by the manufacturer. You’ll risk having your page considered a duplicate page by Google and other search engines.
- Add links to related products or accessories, or perhaps a testimonial about the product. Adding ‘related products’ type of navigation on your product pages will help visitors stay on your site.
- Product Reviews can increase your visibility and improve your page rankings. This gives the search engines more content to read and also creates a third party endorsement for your product.
Online shoppers are using search engines to compare product features and prices, and if your eCommerce site isn’t positioned in the top search engine results, you’re missing out on a lot of potential online sales!
Is your e-commerce site struggling to rank? Did you find this article useful? Let us know. Comment Below!
Stay tuned until next week for part two: Off-Page optimisation, or contact your WSI eMarketing consultant today to find out how WSI can help optimize your eCommerce site for higher page rankings, better conversions and increased sales.