Offsite optimization is all about acquiring quality inbound keyword links. It is best to get links from high ranking websites and web pages, but internal repeating links within your own website also count. Here’s how to improve off-page SEO:
- Submit articles to various article directories for syndication and curation, making sure your content contains many keyword links back to your other content pages.
- Go social! Create profiles on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other social networks to get links from existing customers.
- Cross-reference related items between individual product pages (include accessories or similar products). This creates healthy internal links.
- Create and share video content to attract more visitors.
- Create a blog and be active in forum discussions in the area of your business.
- Issue press releases and PR briefs about product launches, events and promotional offers regularly.
Just starting out as an online retailer with a few products to sell? Selling thousands of products online for many years now? Either way, make sure your eCommerce site is optimized for the search engines so you are most visible to your potential customers.
WSI can help optimize your eCommerce site for higher page rankings, better conversions and increased sales. Contact WSI eMarketing to drive greater search engine traffic and more conversions (sales) on your eCommerce website.